Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Schedule

The weirdest thing happened thismorning....

A friend came over mid-morning to give me an Adobe Illustrator lesson, and as I opened the door, I noticed that there was mail in the letterbox.

I'd checked them mail when I arrived home lastnight at around 10PM and it was empty, so I thought it was a little strange that all of a sudden there was mail on a Saturday!

It turns out that it was the six missing envelopes full of paperwork that I was waiting on from the hospital, which had all been sent to my previous address.

I'm assuming that the new owners of my old house (one of them being a nurse) must have realised that it was important (as it was labelled as being from the heart and lung transplant unit), and luckily searched for my new address and delivered it.

So thank goodness, now I at least have the schedule and I know what's planned for the three days.

This is a quick run down:


Wed: 

Need to be in admissions by 8.30AM (I'll be setting my alarm for 5.30AM)

Dexa Scan (Bone Density Test)
OPG (Dental X-Ray)
CXR (PA & Lat) - (Chest X-Ray)
Social Worker
Anaesthetics
VQ Scan (Checks air and blood circulation in the lungs)
Sputum, Micro Culture and Sensitivity, Fungal Culture, AFB Culture
Commence fasting for AM bloods

Thu

FASTING BLOODS AT OUTPATIENT PATHOLOGY
Blood: U+E'S, Cr, Glucose, LFTs, Mg, Ca, PO.
CRP,B12,Folate,Iron Stud ies
Cholesterol HDL + l DL. Triglycerides, V1T D, TFTs, HbA1C
PSA (>age 50 males) Testosterone (males),
FSH, LH (females)
Immunoglobulin levels, protein electrophoresis
FBE, ESR. APTT. PTIiNR. Blood Group. TPMT ACTIVITY TEST
Hepatitis B surface antibody, surface antigen and core antibody, HepC, HIV1&2,
CMV IgG, EBV JgG ,Herpes Zoster IgG (discuss with consultant if patient on
Intragram therapy)
Quantiferon Gold, baseline save (for future serology etc).
Arterial blood gases (room air x15 minutes first if possible)
Oral Glucose Tolerance Test with Insulin levels at the time of glucose levels
2hour test. patients must be fasting : blood at baseline, 1hr and 2 hrs.

Physiotherapist
Transplant Clinic Nurses
Lung Function
Dental Clinic
CT Thorax (High Resolution and full 10/10 slices)

Fri

Occupational Therapist
Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Echocardiogram
Dietician
Transplant Co-ordinators
3PM - GO HOME!

11 comments:

Leonie said...

They know how to fit a lot in in a couple of days don't they? Wow, you are going to be tired after all that. Good luck.

Fiona said...

I'd like to say it sounds like fun, but.....!

Nice of the people at your old address to bring them round to you - I know that doesn't always happen.

Fee said...

Wow good luck with those action packed few days :) That was so nice of them to track you down.

Fee X

willywagtail said...

Looks like a very busy three days. I am sure you will be looking forward to that last line: 3PM - GO HOME! Cherrie

Andi said...

Exhausting!
xx

Selina said...

Wow! Good luck with all that. I hope you have enough blood for all those tests, I don't think I would!! Good luck with the blood gases too, I'm sure you would have had that before, It's my most hated of blood tests!

I'll be thinking of you, I'll probably be offline from Friday through to the next week so won't get to hear how it all went.

xx

Jennifer Rose said...

o.0 that is a lot to do in 3 days!

Jacqui said...

I still remember the sheer emotional exhaustion of doing those tests with Imogen. Unfortunately just one of those no way around it, but head down and straight through it things though. Definitely a what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger 3 days coming up (bet you didn't think you could get much stronger did you). I wouldn't book anything in for Thursday or Friday. Thinking of you Cam.

trudi@maudeandme said...

Thats some schedule. A very "Good luck" wish to you!

Melanie said...

I'd like to say it sounds exciting, but....

I hope at least you manage to get some sketching or crafting in there somewhere to keep you sane. Will be thinking of you. Will make that Monopoly date sometime soon!

Jacqui said...

Dare I ask if you survived that Cam? With your sanity intact? I imagine you're too exhausted to stand. I was counting down the days for you.