When I last saw my own Respiratory Specialist a few weeks ago, we had a good chat, and he recommended that it's probably time to go ahead and consider heading down the transplant route.
I had an appointment at the Alfred on Tuesday morning, and they agreed that with my lung function as it is now (hovering around 22% of normal) and being reliant on oxygen 24/7 since last year, the benefit could now outweigh the risk.
I met the Transplant Co-Ordinator and the Social Worker for the first time, and we set some dates.
I'll be heading in to stay for 3 full days of pre-transplant testing in early July.
At the completion of all of the testing, the results are reviewed by a medical panel, and then they will make the decision as to whether or not I'll be listed for a double lung transplant.
I'll write more about things as they happen, but for now, that's the basics, in black and white.